We’re monitoring the situation carefully, and currently we are expecting our classes to go ahead as usual based on the latest information from Public Health England and the NHS. If anything changes, we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Keep an eye on our social media and website for any updates. In the meantime, below are some guidelines to keep us all healthy at classes:
- Please wash your hands as soon as you arrive and frequently throughout the evening, for example, between classes and every 3 – 5 tracks during the freestyle. You need to wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly for at least 20 seconds (or as long as it takes to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ twice). A guide to thorough hand washing here.
- If you can’t get to a sink with soap, sanitiser gel with an alcohol content of over 60% is a good backup if you can’t wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, mouth and nose as much as possible.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, either use a tissue to cover your nose or mouth and bin it immediately afterwards, or cover your nose and mouth with your inner elbow if you can’t grab a tissue on time.
- If you think you have been to one of the affected areas within the last couple of weeks, or have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus, please complete this questionnaire from the NHS, which will tell you if you need to take any action such as self isolation.
- If you have a compromised immune system, for instance you have a pre-existing health condition such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease, you are at a higher risk from the virus, so please keep an eye on the NHS and Public Health England websites for latest advice. We’ll understand if you feel it’s better to stay away from class for a while to reduce your risk.