Our COVID-19 policy
We’ve adopted a COVID-19 policy that tries to make dancing as safe as reasonably possible. Below are the key points.
However, please bear in mind that due to the nature of social partner dancing (close contact and dancing with lots of people during the evening) it isn’t possible to completely eliminate the risk of transmission. We advise you to make own risk assessment about whether or not to attend.
- Please don’t come if you or a member of your household are ill.
- For the first event you attend we’ll ask you to show confirmation that you are double vaccinated (or exempt). One way to do this is to show us the travel version of your NHS COVID Pass (we prefer this because it most clearly shows your double vaccinated status). You can get this using the NHS App navigating through to the screen shown below. You can also get this as a letter if you don’t have a smartphone. We only need to see this confirmation once.
- However, also for the first event and every subsequent event you attend we’ll need to see e-mail/text confirmation of a negative lateral flow test that you’ve taken at most 24 hours prior to arrival. You can register your test result to receive this confirmation via this gov.uk webpage. This is to reduce the chance of dancers having COVID-19 without symptoms. To avoid any contamination issues please don’t bring your actual test strips.
- We’ll need your e-mail address and phone number so we can notify you of any COVID-19 cases.
- In the event that you have a positive COVID-19 test and/or COVID-19 symptoms within the 48 hours after the event please let us know at email@example.com.
Please also read our full policy document. This contains more information on our policy and guidance on how to show your vaccination status and Lateral Flow Test result.
Please also bear in mind that we may need to cancel events at short notice. If we need to do this then there will be a notification to the mailing list (which you can sign up for when you first attend) and on this website.